Thanks to the combination of Switzerland's leading gigabit fibre optic cable network and one of the best mobile networks in the world, the company Sunrise UPC is on its way to becoming a national champion. With our attractive approach to working life, we want to become the most innovative workplace in the Swiss market, where flexibility and trust form the foundation of successful co-operation and where each employee’s individual work and life situations are given due consideration.
Data Scientist (w/m) 100%
Glattpark (Opfikon - Zürich)
Duties and responsibilities:
AI Exploitation & Innovation is a specialist machine learning and statistical computing team focused on data driven solutions that maximize customer satisfaction and enhance Sunrise UPC’s company performance. To achieve this we build and operate fully automated modelling and decision-making pipelines for diverse business applications such as marketing campaigning or customer care optimizations. The team is looking for an exceptional individual who is passionate about the power of data to change how organizations think and operate. As a core team member your responsibilities will be diverse but likely to include:
- Development of new predictive models e.g. for churn, next best action, contact optimization. You will be expected to lead end-to-end projects from data sourcing and prototypes through to final product deployment
- Enhancement and optimization of existing models to drive continuous performance improvements.
- Proactive exploitation of large datasets and novel techniques to discover new opportunities to drive the company’s commercial performance forward.
- Tackle tough business problems by use of your excellent analytical mind to and help senior leaders make informed and effective decisions.
- Be an active participant in building a next generation AI Exploitation & Innovation team
What we look for in an applicant:
- A University degree (MSc or PhD) in a quantitative area (e.g. science, econometrics, mathematics)
- Strong background in machine learning and data mining
- Profound statistical knowledge and extensive experience applying your knowledge in a business environment
- Experience in analysis of large amounts of data using tools like R, Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Experience with databases and advanced SQL skills
- Experience cloud computing environments (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Azure, DataBricks)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau, R-Shiny, QlikView
- Keen interest in understanding business problems and a desire to apply statistical methods to solving them
- Strong organizational skills and have a structured approach to problem solving. You can manage multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities, from concept to delivery
- Exceptional motivation
- You will be a true team player and enjoy working in a multicultural environment. You will exhibit exemplary communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is vital and you should have a good command of German
At Sunrise UPC, you will work in a dynamic and international environment where your commitment will make great achievements possible and you have a wide range of opportunities for further development. In addition to our new «FlexWork» working model, we offer you above-average social benefits and attractive product advantages from the Sunrise UPC range.
Seize this opportunity to join us on our journey to actively help shape our future! We look forward to your complete online application.
Please note, that we only accept applications through our online tool.