Thanks to the combination of Switzerland's leading gigabit fibre optic cable network and one of the best mobile networks in the world, the company Sunrise UPC is on its way to becoming a national champion. With our attractive approach to working life, we want to become the most innovative workplace in the Swiss market, where flexibility and trust form the foundation of successful co-operation and where each employee’s individual work and life situations are given due consideration.
Python Backend Developer (incl. AWS/GCS Engineering) (w/m) 100%
Glattpark (Opfikon - Zürich)
Sunrise UPC OTT division Wilmaa is a pioneer in the field of WebTV and stands for digital television on all screens in all usage situations - from smartphones on the move, through tablets and computers to large screens at home. The platform reaches around 300,000 unique clients per month and is particularly popular with the digital natives thanks to its constant innovative strength. Are you a Movie Nerd? You know the difference between Star Trek and Star Wars and you know all Characters of the "the Big Bang Theory"? You know MacGyver is not the guy with the talking black car? Then you are exactly the right person for us!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining our micro-services
- Maintaining our AWS and Google Infrastructure
- Support the Clients (Web, Mobile and Bigscreen) with their needs
- Building systems which are able to handle thousands of requests and generate a big amount of data
- Building systems which do scale
- Enhance our Monitoring and Alerting System
- Challenge Tech people and our Director in their ideas and solutions
- Support the testing process with TDD
- Releasing to production
What we look for in an applicant:
- You develop, you love it, and you're good at it - you love challenges
- You learn and question your own code frequently (yes you make mistakes as well, we all do!)
- Several years of experience in at least 2 (programming) languages - Python is a must
- Experience with UML
- Experience in a higher programming language (like C#, C/C++, Java) is a major plus Experience with microservices and their challenges
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes or at least a Docker
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM
- Fluent in English, German is an advantage
It's an advantage if you also have knowledge in the following areas:
- The Flask Framework
- AWS Cloud Services (EKS, ActiveMQ, etc.)
- Google Cloud Services (BigQuery etc.)
- MongoDB and Neo4j
- Kubernetes and Docker in production
- Monitoring Solutions based on Prometheus and Grafana
At Sunrise UPC, you will work in a dynamic and international environment where your commitment will make great achievements possible and you have a wide range of opportunities for further development. In addition to our new «FlexWork» working model, we offer you above-average social benefits and attractive product advantages from the Sunrise UPC range.
Seize this opportunity to join us on our journey to actively help shape our future! We look forward to your complete online application.
Please note, that we only accept applications through our online tool.